- Currently Member for Cuba of the World Wildlife Fund Advisory Board
- Active for many years in promotional and fund-raising activity for the Lake Simcoe Arts Foundation (Red Barn) and served as fund-raising co-chairman
- Participated for some years in organization of Ridley College and Canadian National Team rowing activities in international competition
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Maclnnis Undersea Foundation; assisted with many of Dr. Maclnnis’ expeditions, including the discovery and the dive on the Breadalbane in the Canadian Arctic, the setting up of Sub-Igloo (an underwater observation station at Tobermory, Ontario), and Dr. Maclnnis’ relations with the Russian Shirshof Oceanographic Institute, whose submarines dived on the Titanic, and assisted in the motion picture Titanic.
- Experienced balloonist in both North America and Europe
- Accomplished scuba diver, treasure diver, and underwater photographer